We are excited to welcome new partners and expand our network of care providers to support an even stronger and broader connection of our local services.
Introducing Our Partners
There are 3 tiers of Partners in the Muskoka & Area Ontario Health Team: Organizational, Collaborating and Supporting. Each kind of partner plays an important role on the team.
Organizational Partners are health and social service providers within the MAOHT geography and are full voting members of the MAOHT Alliance Council and Collaboration Steering Committee (until such time as the MAOHT is incorporated and moves to a skills-based board).
- Meet Ministry requirements to be a Partner within an OHT;
- Provide health (including public health) and/or social services within the MAOHT geography;
- Agree to the MAOHT vision, goals, values and principles;
- Agree to sign the MAOHT Alliance Agreement;
- Be an organization, not an individual provider;
- When possible, commit funds and resources including human resources to participate in service projects and initiatives (refer to Alliance Agreement);
- Be able to commit time and resources to participate fully on MAOHT committees and Work Groups;
- Be willing to collaborate to develop a strategic plan and work plans, change delivery mechanisms, integrate services (as defined in the Alliance Agreement) and processes, innovate, offer new services (often with one or more of the partners), share information and expertise to improve services to the MAOHT population;
- When participating in Projects (see Alliance Agreement) share patient information with appropriate providers with patient consent to ensure coordinated care planning.
Collaborating Partners are health and social service providers within the Muskoka & Area OHT geography or neighbouring geographies who are committed to working with the Partners to improve service delivery to residents and visitors.
- Participate on Work Groups and contribute to the development of an integrated delivery system;
- Collaborate on the implementation of system improvements and changes to enhance and facilitate care coordination;
- Participate on OHT projects and initiatives (which could include seconding resources to a project) and sign Project Agreements when participating in these initiatives.
Supporting Partners will be kept informed of the MAOHT progress, will be included in a distribution list for MAOHT updates, communiques and meeting minutes and may be asked to attend community engagements and provide advice on projects and initiatives.
- Complete a letter of support/endorsement to the vision, values and priorities of the MAOHT;
- Provide updated contact information for email updates;
- Stay informed and disseminate communication material as appropriate to their Boards, patients/clients and staff.
Algonquin Family Health Team
The Algonquin Family Health Team (AFHT) provides patient-focused primary care, services, and preventative programs in harmony with our family physicians and nurse practitioners to support the wellness of our community. They provide primary care services for patients in the Huntsville, Dorset and surrounding areas.
Alzheimer Society Muskoka
The Alzheimer Society of Muskoka is dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals living in Muskoka and Parry Sound with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Burk’s Falls Family Health Team
The Almaguin Highlands Health Centre is home to the Burk’s Falls FHT which includes five Physician practices, Nurse Practitioner, Nurses, a Social Worker and administration staff, all of which provide services to the residents of Burk’s Falls along with four other municipalities. If you would like to inquire about a family physician please contact their office directly at 705-382-4020.
Canadian Mental Health Association
Canadian Mental Health Association is committed to hope and recovery through integrated mental health and addiction services. They provide the highest quality treatment, support, education, and advocacy for the people of Muskoka-Parry Sound.
CarePartners provides personal support workers, rehabilitation services and nursing care for patients in homes, schools, retirement homes, clinics, and workplaces across Ontario, in both urban and rural communities.
Closing The Gap Healthcare
Closing the Gap Healthcare is a healthcare service provider, offering home care and clinic based healthcare services throughout Ontario and Nova Scotia. They operate 11 physiotherapy clinics and 4 nursing clinics throughout Ontario, and also work in schools, retirement homes, long-term care facilities, hospitals, and throughout the community.
Cottage Country Family Health Team
CCFHT is an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals providing health promotion, disease prevention, chronic condition management, and primary health care to their patient population. Their team includes family doctors, nurses and nurse practitioners, a dietitian, a pharmacist, mental health counsellors, health educators and administrators.
District Municipality of Muskoka
The District Municipality of Muskoka is made up of six Area Municipalities. Both levels of local government work together to align services and achieve cost-efficiencies to best serve residents and visitors to Muskoka.
Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare
Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare provides emergency health care services and inpatient care at two acute care sites in Huntsville and Bracebridge. Patient care is also supported through a number of outpatient programs at both hospital sites and at the Almaguin Highlands Health Centre in Burk’s Falls.
Muskoka Parry Sound Sexual Assault Services
MPSSAS is an intersectional feminist organization dedicated to providing leadership, education, advocacy and trauma-informed support to end sexual violence and harassment.
North Muskoka Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Simcoe Muskoka Family Connexions
Sundridge and District Medical Centre
The Sundridge & District Medical Centre is a team of two family physicians, a nurse practitioner, a registered nurse and administrators, located in Sundridge.
- Township of Armour
- Burk’s Falls Family Health Team
- Castle Peak Retirement Residence
- Country Moments Retirement Home
- County of Simcoe Health and Emergency Services
- Centre for Rural and Northern Health Research
- Fairvern Nursing Home
- Granite Ridge Retirement Residence
- Home & Community Care Support Services – NE
- Home & Community Care Support Services – NSM
- Hospice Huntsville
- James Street Retirement Residence
- Midwives of Muskoka
- Muskoka Hills Retirement Villa
- Muskoka Landing Long Term Care & Retirement Lodge
- Muskoka Seniors
- Muskoka Shores Care Community
- Muskoka Traditions Retirement Residence
- North Simcoe Muskoka Specialized Geriatric Services / Waypoint
- Ontario Health – Central Region
- The Centre for Collaboration, Motivation and Innovation
- RISE – McMaster Health Forum
- Rogers Cove Retirement Residence
- Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- The Home in Muskoka
- The Manor at Gravenhurst Retirement Residence
- The Pines Long Term Care Home
- Town of Bracebridge
- Town of Gravenhurst
- Town of Huntsville
- Township of Georgian Bay
- Township of Lake of Bays
- Township of Muskoka Lakes
Become a Partner
Are you a health or social services organization interested in joining our Team? Please complete the following form and we will get in touch soon.